In difficult or uncertain times, leaders break new ground, lead from the front, motivate, inspire and SET GOALS (even if they might seem ambitious). I hope you enjoy watching this video from You Tube… it features an outstanding leader doing all of these things!
I wonder if a variant on the classic, inspirational leadership phrase will be quoted henceforth, “If you aim for the treetops, you’ll reach the pool, but if you aim for the ramp, you’ll fall in the mud !!”
On a completely unrelated note, in considering other discussions we have had on this Succession, Leadership and Change Blog recently, the application of this leader’s strategy is quite insightful. Consider:
1. Does he have an exit strategy - check
2. Does he implement his exit strategy without hesitation - check
3. Does the exit strategy allow for variation of circumstances - hmmm, probably not!
4. Is he 100% committed - absolutely!
5. Does he have a Succession Plan - who knows, let’s hope so!
6. Is this how you should conduct a leadership development program - no comment… but please do not to practise at home!